Sauteed Morel Mushrooms
A delectable dish made with dried black morels
Servings 2 people
- In a medium bowl, add the dried mushrooms and pour the warm water to cover them completely. Let them rehydrate for 30 minutes until soft. Drain and keep ¼ cup water to use later. Pat the mushrooms dry with paper towel.20 g Black morels, 2 cups Warm water
- Slice the morel mushrooms in half and set aside.
- In a heavy pan, add the butter. Melt, and add the shallot and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.1½ tbsp Butter, 1 Shallot, 1 clove Garlic
- Mix the reserved ¼ cup of mushroom water and the Green Seasoning.½ tsp Green Mushroom Seasoning
- Add the sliced morel mushrooms and the mushroom/seasoning mix from Step 4 to the pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes until a creamy sauce forms and the mushrooms are tender and fragrant.
- Add chopped thyme to the mixture, and stir to combine.1 tsp Thyme leaves
- Serve immediately.