Mushrooms with Pork and Tofu
Have this Japanese inspired dish as a main on its own or as a side along with other dishes.
- 200 g Oyster mushrooms
- 200 g Pork fillet cut into bite size pieces
- 300 g Tofu regular softness
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 tsp Sesame oil
- clove Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp Sake use any rice wine
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
Marinate the pork
- Mix the ingredients for marinade in a small bowl.2 tsp Sake, 2 tsp Sugar, 2 tsp Soy sauce
- Add pork pieces and leave to marinate for about 5 minutes200 g Pork fillet
- Wrap tofu in paper towel to remove excess moisture. Slice bean curd into 1cm thickness and about 12 pieces.300 g Tofu
- If large, slice mushrooms into 2-3 pieces.200 g Oyster mushrooms
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in a frying pan. Place tofu pieces in one layer and brown both sides. Take the pieces out and set aside.3 tsp Sesame oil
- Heat 2 tsp of sesame oil in the same frying pan. Add garlic and mushrooms. When cooked. Add a dash of salt.3 tsp Sesame oil, clove Garlic, Salt
- Add the marinated pork and, when cooked, add bean curd. Mix well.
- Add beaten egg, remove from heat and allow the egg to cook.1 Egg
Feel free to add chilli flakes or any other spice.