Japanese Style Marinated Mushrooms
A Japanese style mushroom side dish that can be spruced up with Japanese Spice Mix (Shichimi togarashi) or chilli. Or simply have it is a snack on a cracker with cheese.
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- ½ tsp Green Mushroom Seasoning
- ½ tsp Shichimi togarashi or chilli powder (optional)
- 500 g Oyster mushrooms sliced if large
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl2 tbsp Mirin, 2 tbsp Rice vinegar, ½ tsp Green Mushroom Seasoning, ½ tsp Shichimi togarashi or chilli powder
- Slice mushrooms into 2 or 3 strips if large.500 g Oyster mushrooms
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook mushrooms over high heat. Stir occasionally until brown on both sides.1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Pour marinade into the frying pan and mix well. Turn off the heat.